Manual transmission, 2-hour lesson
Requirements for stick-shift lesson
- Student must have a valid, CA driver’s license
- Student must provide the vehicle
- Student must provide current insurance and registration for vehicle
If you have all of the above requirements, we will send a professional instructor to your home to teach you how to operate your manual transmission. Bay Area Driving School does not have manual-transmission training vehicles.
We service the following cities
Alameda – Berkeley – Blackhawk – Castro Valley – Danville- Dublin – Fremont – Hayward – Kensington – Livermore – Newark- Oakland – Piedmont – Pleasanton – San Leandro – San Lorenzo – San Ramon – Union City. For those who live in other cities, we are happy to meet you at our main office OR at a nearby B.A.R.T. station.
There is a $15+ travel fee per lesson, depending on where you live. If you choose to meet us at our office located at 1070 A Street Hayward, there is no additional fee.
Driving Schools have been designated by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency of the US Government as part of the Critical Infrastructure Workforce, “Essential.”
At Bay Area Driving School, the health and safety of our customers and community is our first priority. Many changes have transpired since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and we would like to update you on the safety measures that we are implementing to minimize the spread of contagion and overall risk of infection.
- Student not allowed to take lesson if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. sore throat, cough, fever, body aches, etc.)
- Student not allowed to take lesson if they tested positive for the virus
- Exposed and NOT up-to-date on vaccinations – must wait 10 days to take a lesson AND not have any symptoms
- Exposed and ARE up-to-date on vaccinations – must wait at least 5 days to take lesson AND not have any symptoms
- Travel – Student not allowed to take a driving lesson if they have been traveling by airplane during the past 2 weeks.
Instructor will take student’s temperature before each lesson. Instructor will also take his / her temperature daily and record it. Student and instructor must wear a face mask at all times. Windows will be rolled down for circulation, weather permitting. Vehicle’s high touch points will be disinfected between lessons. Gloves are available upon request. Hand sanitizer always available.