Referred by driver safety?
Many drivers have been referred by Driver Safety, i.e. stroke, brain injury, vision problems, collision, etc.
We look forward to assisting you in the reinstatement of your driver’s license. We have Defensive Driving Specialists who offer “Special Drive Test Prep” lessons. During your first lesson, the specialist will discuss the reason you were referred to Driver Safety and will give you an assessment of your current driving performance. If you still drive on the freeway, we will also include freeway driving.
The Specialist will offer his or her professional opinion as to whether you are ready to pass the special drive test or if you need additional training. Most students who are referred to Driver Safety take an average of 3 lessons. If you have already failed a road test, we will also review the test results and work on the driving tasks that need improvement. DMV usually gives you 3 chances to pass the road test.
Receive a thorough, written evaluation of the lesson sent via email or USPS, first class mail. The Specialist is also available to accompany you to the DMV Special Drive Test.
You must have a valid special instruction permit, valid CDL, or temp. CDL to schedule training.
If you do not have a Special Learner’s Permit yet
Get Started Today! If you would like the driving school to obtain the Special Learner’s Permit for you, the first step is to fill out a “Special Drive Test Application” and pay the $95 correspondence fee. Once the driving school receives the Special Permit from Driver Safety, you are eligible to schedule your IN-Car, specialized driving lessons. Professional requests from Driving Schools are more apt to be approved.
If you already have a Special Learner’s Permit
If you have obtained your own Special Learner’s Permit (or have a valid CDL), you may schedule your Specialized Driving Lesson now.
At Bay Area Driving School, the health and safety of our customers and community is our first priority. Many changes have transpired since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and we would like to update you on the safety measures that we are implementing to minimize the spread of contagion and overall risk of infection.
- Student not allowed to take a lesson if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. sore throat, cough, fever, body aches, etc.).
- Exposed and NOT up-to-date on vaccinations – must wait 10 days to take a lesson AND not have any symptoms
- Exposed and ARE up-to-date on vaccinations – must wait at least 5 days to take lesson AND not have any symptoms
- Travel – Student not allowed to take a driving lesson if they have been traveling by airplane during the past 2 weeks.
- Instructor will take student’s temperature before each lesson. Instructor will also take his / her temperature daily and record it. Student and instructor must wear a face mask at all times. Windows will be rolled down for circulation, weather permitting. Vehicle’s high touch points will be disinfected between lessons. Gloves are available upon request. Hand sanitizer always available.