No learner’s permit? No problem!
This course is perfect for individuals who are 1) having trouble passing the DMV written test or 2) too busy to go to DMV to take the test.
With our student license program, you can drive with an instructor prior to obtaining your learners permit. During the in-car training we will coach you on written test questions while teaching you safe driving methods. This course builds confidence and prepares student for both written and road test. Student will still be required to pass the written test prior to taking the road test.
To qualify for a student license, you must
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Never been issued a license or permit from any state or country
- Complete an application at the driving school
- Pass a vision and hearing test administered by the driving school
- If under 18 years old, applicants must have parent / guardian permission and provide certificate of completion for Driver’s Education
- Fee includes Student License plus your first 2-hr. driving lesson
- Additional lessons are $150
- Must enrollment in person at Bay Area Driving School, located at 1070 A Street Hayward, CA 94541
What to bring to enroll
- Birth verification- original birth certificate, valid passport, resident alien card or CA ID
- Glasses or contacts – if required for vision test
- 1st Lesson must be prepaid- OK to prepay now OR pay in person
- Under 18 – bring your parent or guardian & driver’s education certificate
- Under 18 – after you pass your written test, contact driving school so instructor can sign your permit
At Bay Area Driving School, the health and safety of our customers and community is our first priority. Many changes have transpired since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and we would like to update you on the safety measures that we are implementing to minimize the spread of contagion and overall risk of infection.
Student is not allowed to take a lesson if they are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms. Students returning from vacation or having known exposure with individual Covid-19 positive individual must wait 2 weeks and be asymptomatic before (re)starting lessons. Instructor will take student’s temperature before each lesson. Instructor will also take his / her temperature daily and record it. Student and instructor must wear a face mask at all times. Windows will be rolled down for circulation, weather permitting. Vehicle’s high touch points will be disinfected between lessons. Gloves are available upon request. Hand sanitizer always available.